Business Attire: 10 Tips to Perfect Your Look
Being appropriately dressed is essential in making good impressions in the business and corporate worlds. A polished image is important in business survival and can be an important factor in career advancement. Periodically, it is a good idea to take a look at your business attire and the image you are presenting. Is it the image you want to project?
1. No matter what your age your business attire should be as professional as possible. Avoid clothes that are the latest fad and choose a more conservative look.
2. Wear clothes that are comfortable, that do not itch, ride up or bind. If your clothes are irritating, having to tug, pull or scratch is not something you will want to do in public. Dress to suit your personality while keeping in mind professional standards. When you feel comfortable you will feel more at ease and will be able to attend to business.
3. Your blouse should fit well. Be sure it is the correct size, is not taut and does not gap.
4. Keep your hemline conservative, about one to two inches above the knee. This length is not only more attractive but a length that suits most women.
5. Keep your business clothes clean and well pressed. If they should get stained have them cleaned immediately.
6. Avoid fashion fads in business. Do not wear flashy jewelry or jewelry than makes a clanging noise when you move.
7. Pinstripes are a classic business look and look best when the pinstripes are thin and widely spaced. Avoid thick stripes that are close together - this is a trendier look and not appropriate for business.
8. When attending business functions keep business cards in your pocket for easy access. This will allow you to present your card easily without having to search through handbags and briefcases. Remove the cards at the end of the day and keep them in a cardholder to ensure they stay in great shape.
9. Do not over fill your briefcase or handbag and create a disorganized look. To carry files and business materials invest in a stylish, feminine looking bag.
10. If you have an important meeting choose (and try on) the clothes you plan to wear beforehand. Finding that what you intended to wear is not what you expected could make you late or uncomfortable.
Sheila Dicks is an image ane wardrobe consultant who teaches women how to dress to suit their body type and look slimmer. You can reach her online at https://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download her ebook "Image Makeovers" and get "How to Build a Wardrobe" free.