Fast and convenient customer service skills
Customers depend on things that are convenient. They like to see a company that is devoted to their customers and they want to see a company that is able to provide them with convenience. To boost your customer service, here are some simple rules to follow:
1. Don't waste time. One of the worst things you can do as a manager is waste time. Your employees don't like to have their time wasted and you certainly don't like to have your time wasted so what do you think your customers feel about time? They value their time just as much as you, if not more than you and they don't want to wander around looking for a particular item and find that you don't have a single employee that is capable of helping them. To utilize time, make thing convenient. If your customers cannot find an item in your store, make sure they know where to find it online. Offer faster shipping services and do your best to please your customers.
2. Listen. In order to become a successful manager, you need to learn how to listen to your customers. When they have problems and complaints, listen to them and look for a solution that will make everyone happy. Your customers want to see you bending over backwards to please them. If you don't listen and you just blow through their problem, they won't be coming back for more and they certainly wont be telling their friends about the positive experience they had with your company.
3. Be flexible. When it comes to pleasing your customers, you need to learn how to become flexible and find a way to satisfy them. This should entail offering different types of financing like credit cards and lay-a-way. The more you can offer your customer, the easier it will be for them to find a way to fit your company into their busy schedule.
4. Keep your promises. As a manager, you are often called upon to handle disputes that may arise between your employees and some unruly customers. One of the most important things you can do is make a promise and then keep it. If you tell your customers you will research something and get back to them, make sure you do get back to them. Don't leave people waiting in limbo for an answer. They need to know that you care about them, even if you only send a quick email. Another part of keeping your promises comes down to your companies ability to deliver products on time and to make the entire ordering process easy.
5. Treat them like gold. When a customer walks into your store, the first thing you need to do is treat them like gold. Your customers want to see you fawning over them and bending over backwards to make them happy. Pay attention to your customers and do not lest distractions pull you away from building a good relationship with your customers. If you disregard a customer, they will assume that you do not think they are important and they will take their business to your competitors.
6. Compete. Get ready to take a look at what your competitors are up to. Your customers will walk in with their ads and talk to you about price matching. If you can stay one step ahead of the competition, you will already have lower prices from your competitors. Feel free to shop your competition so you can find out the way they have their store organized along with other things that may give them the edge in the market.