The best ways to use Twitter for marketing your business
Twitter has become a powerful tool, in the world of social media marketing. Businesses are finding out there is a multitude of uses for this marketing phenomenon. However, just like anything else there are dos and don'ts when it comes to using Twitter. While every business on Twitter will have its own unique experience, there are certain tactics that have proven to be successful, for most businesses. Here are just a few of the best ways to use Twitter, for marketing your business-
Think about building relationships-The basis of effective marketing, is being able to build a relationship with your customer. Twitter can be a place where you can make this happen. However you will need to rethink your approach to using Twitter. You shouldn't think of Twitter just as a place to inform your customers, about your business, but as a place where you can foster relationships with your potential target market. There are several ways you can do this which include:
- Personalize your tweets-You will want to include some biographical information or some background, about anyone from your company who is tweeting. You should also make sure that you include contact information, such as company website address, or email addresses.
- Be proactive when using Twitter-You should listen in for comments that have anything to do with your business, or its products or services. You will want to immediately respond to any feedback that you get, offer better customer service or just send out thank you's, for the support, from your followers. While you shouldn't feel like you have to follow everyone, who follows you, you should make some efforts to be involved.
- Set a warm tone with your messages-You want to make sure that when you do send out any information that you use a casual tone that can only be interpreted as friendly. You want your followers to not be put off by anything that can be implied.
- Don't be afraid to share-You can re-tweet messages that you think have value and add to the marketing of your business. Your customers will appreciate the fact that you liked their message enough to pass it along.
- Don't hesitate to think out of the box-Your main goal is to make sure that your followers are receiving Tweets that have value to them. Don't be afraid to share information, post links or give directions to other sites and articles, even if it doesn't deal with your business directly. Your customers will appreciate the fact that you are taking their interest to heart.
- Offer tweets that people will care about-There are a number of ways to do this which include but are not limited to: offer coupons or deals(exclusive to your followers), post pictures of your business and what goes on, or give your followers the inside scoop on upcoming products or promotions. Whatever you think your customer would be interested in, is what you should be sharing with them.
- Don't send spam-This is the quickest way to get people to stop following you on Twitter. You should only be sending messages to people who are generally interested in receiving them. You should respect the privacy of other people and never send unsolicited messages. You can do this in a variety of ways which include but are not limited to: when you offer a coupon, make sure that it has a code that lets you know how many people saw it from Twitter, keep a tally of feedback results, track any links that clicked on through Tweet etc. You can use any number of features on Twitter to help you determine who successful your marketing efforts really are.