How to use email marketing
With the introduction of many different forms of marketing many business owners are wondering if email marketing has become obsolete. However, studies show that email marketing can be highly effective if you know how to use it correctly. Your customers will appreciate an informative email that will let them know about your current product or service lineup. However, it can take some skill to put together an email that your customers won't view as spam. You want to make sure that your emails are eagerly awaited and not filtered over to a junk folder. Keep in mind that one of the major benefits of using email marketing is the relatively low cost. This makes it important to take a close look at this type of marketing since you will mostly just have to use creativity and effort to get great results. Here is what you need to know about how to use email marketing-
The first thing you need to do before using email marketing is understand the different kinds. There are basically three different kinds of email marketing. Knowing what each type does will help you to determine what will work best for you. The 3 kinds of email marketing are-
1. Direct email marketing-This is the most commonly used kind of email marketing. This is the email that you will send out to people who are on your email list. These are customers or other individuals who have signed up to receive your emails and have voluntarily given you their contact address. They will be looking to receive quality emails from your business.
2. Retention email marketing-This type of email marketing is slightly different from the direct email marketing listed above. With retention email marketing you will be sending out emails with the express purpose of keeping your customers coming back to your business. Keep in mind that this type of email is not just a reminder about what you have to offer but can also function as an incentive to get customers to return to purchase through the use of a discount or coupon.
3. Indirect email marketing-This is the type of email that you will send out to attract potential customers. However, it should be noted that because this type of email is often sent from an email list not everyone that you send it to may want to receive it. This means that you will need to be sure that you have narrowed your indirect email marketing down to the best possible potential customers in order to not waste your time and effort.
Now that you know the different types of emails here are some tips to help make your email marketing as effective as possible-
- Make sure the email is readable-If your customers can't see what you are saying then your email isn't going to do your business any good.
- Make sure that your email has a call to action-Your customers need to be motivated to get up and respond to your email.
- Make sure that your email grabs your customer's attention-Keep in mind that your customers receive lots of emails everyday so make sure that yours stands out.
- Make sure that your email has valuable content-If your customers can't find something of value in your emails they will soon block them and eliminate your chances of marketing to them.
- Make sure that your email doesn't look like spam-Check out the template before you send an email and makes sure that your customers email filters won't automatically filter it out as spam.
- Make sure that your email arrives at the right time-Avoid sending email marketing right before and during a holiday time. Instead make sure that your email marketing gets delivered on a Monday when it is more likely to be read.