How to use mobile marketing to increase sales
Business owners know that marketing and sales are the lifeblood of their company. One of the hottest new marketing methods is known as mobile marketing. Mobile marketing is used when information is sent in the form of text or visual images, to the mobile phone or other handheld device, of a customer. Mobile marketing can range from simple text message, to more complex audio/visual messages. Regardless of what is being sent businesses are finding out that using mobile marketing, can be great way to drive up sales. However, before you just jump into mobile marketing, there are certain things that you should be aware of. Here is what you need to know about how to use mobile marketing to increase sales-
- Send out special offers-When sales are slow you can use mobile marketing to drive them up. Because mobile marketing is done in real time, why not send a special deal that ends when your store closes or at the end of the day, for your website. You may be surprised at just how many people quickly make the move to take advantage of the offer.
- Send out advance notice-If you have a hot product that is highly wanted, then you may want to let your customers know that you are just about to run out of stock. This can send your customers running in, and drive your sales figures way up. A note of caution however, you should never send out mobile marketing message that is not completely true, or cannot be supported. If you lose the trust of your customers, you will have a difficult, if not impossible task trying to get it back.
- Send out a sneak peek-Everyone wants to know what is new and hot. You can let your customers know about a new product or service, which gives them an incentive to come and see it for themselves. You want to make sure that your mobile marketing educates your customers about what you have to offer them, so they will be excited to come and buy from you.
- Send out information about a special event-You can use your mobile marketing to increase attendance at an event, or offer a special discount or sample, to anyone who comes and shows you the text or code on the phone. This has to be text that you sent, however, keep in mind that this can be a great way to measure the response rate, for your mobile marketing.
- Send out VIP treatment-You can single out your top customers to receive VIP treatment such as: special, free samples, and even notifications way in advance of everyone else. You need to make sure that if you do this that your VIP customers know that they are being singled out, for this treatment.
- Send out weekly motivational tips-You can use your mobile marketing to keep your customers focused, reminded and helped. There is virtually no limit when it comes to this type of mobile marketing. You can use this type of mobile marketing to send a message, remind your customers of something, offer healthy eating tips, share a positive quote, or most importantly give them a shopping trip. There is virtually no limit on what you can send when it comes to motivational tips.
- Send them out your whereabouts-You can use your mobile marketing to let your customers know where you will be. If you are speaking at a trade show, putting on a showcase, or some other special event, you need to let your customers know so that they can follow you. This can be a great way to increase your sales, simply by bringing your customers to you.