How to use your business card to market your small business
Your business card can be a highly effective tool, in marketing your business. If your business card is simply sitting in the holders in your office, then they are truly not demonstrating their full marketing potential. Your business card can be used in a variety of ways that can help you market your business. Here is what you need to know about how to use your business card to market your small business-
- Hand them out everywhere-An important thing that you should do to promote your business offline, is to make sure that people don't just know what you do, but also how to reach you if they're ever interested in your products or services. Business cards are the number one method of doing this. You want to make sure that yours are eye catching, and also that they include all of your various methods of contact (email, phone, address, etc.) as well as your web address. You want to hand your business cards out liberally, to anyone who might have any reason to contact you. You should also give them a second one at the same time; they might throw it away, but they might also pass it along.
- Don't be afraid to be unique with your business cards-Business cards usually have an entire back that is blank. You should utilize this space to print a coupon for your services, or do something completely unique that hasn't been done before. A quick search online can give you several ideas of how to best utilize the empty space on your business cards. Best of all this is a relatively low cost way to market your business, since extra printing on your business cards, is generally just a few cents per card.
- Try to get your business cards in local establishments-You may also find it useful to post your business cards in local establishments. Places such as coffeehouses and libraries often have a notice board where individuals can post flyers, business cards and ads. Keep in mind that many individuals view these boards to see what new businesses are posted, and putting your business card up there might be another good way to draw in new business.
- Make sure that you include business cards with all of your correspondence, including the bills you pay-This is important since you never know who might open the mail that day. There are a variety of ways that you can do this.If you ship products, include a card with every package. Send business cards with all thank you notes and letters you send out. Make sure that you include your contact information in your email signature as well. This serves as an electronic business card.
- Always give people a reason to hold on to your card-You can do this easily by printing something unique on the back ofyour business card such as:a calendar, a list of your services, important measurements, or anything relevant to your industry. You can also print a coupon on it, and ask them to return the card with their order, so again they have a reason to keep your card. Just remember that the average person gets lots of business cards, so be sure to give them a reason to remember yours and use it.
- Use your business cards to introduce yourself to prospects you meet at networking functions, in the park or even at your children's soccer games. An important note here though is not to be pushy. You want to make sure the time is appropriate. One way to do this is to ask for the other person's card. He or she will likely ask you for your card in return. Another idea is when you go to the doctor or dentist; present your card to the receptionist to announce your presence.