Simple PR strategies to use
Whether you are starting a new business or you are trying to expand an existing one, you need to have some PR strategies to use. Gaining awareness for your company can be a difficult task if you don't know where to start. Often times a company will burn through their original marketing dollars in a hurry, leaving you with limited options as to how you will continue to market to your customers and to gain attention. The good news is that even if you burn through all of your marketing dollars, you can easily generate publicity with easy PR strategies. PR will help you build an effective brand and it can great a great reputation for your company in your particular industry. Here are some PR strategies you need to implement in order to generate awareness for your company:
1. Market research. A lot of companies really have no idea who they are marketing to or what their target market wants. In order to create better products and to build credibility, you need to do some market research. Use social media sites to gather market research information as they provide you with a great platform to interact with your customers. You can also gather information using customer surveys and market research firms that will conduct focus groups and other things. Just know when you start outsourcing market research, you will end up paying a lot of money for it.
2. Press release. To gain attention from the press, you need to generate quality press releases to send out. Write the press release from a writer's point of view in order to gain attention from the media. Be careful as to how many press releases you are sending out. If you are sending out a new press release for every little event, you will lose the respect of the media and they will not cover stories for your company. A press release must have a catchy headline in order to peak the interest of the editors, who will ultimately decide if the press release should be passed onto their writers. A quality press release is written in a manner that you can actually pass it right to the newspaper to have it printed. Editors will scan the press release in 5 seconds and if it doesn't engage them during those 5 seconds, it will be tossed.
3. Focus on the benefits. To get the attention you need for your company, you will need to focus on the benefits your products have to offer. You not only need to consider the benefits you have to offer, you also need to focus on why your company is a step ahead of the competition and why your customers will have an interest in becoming life-long customers. Show them how your product will save them time or money, this is a great way to generate interest and it's a great PR strategy.
4. Build a credible website. In order to generate the right type of interest from your customers and your market, you need to build a great website. Your website is where people will turn to in order to find out more information about your products and services. They will turn to your website to understand how you have been able to make a splash in your niche market, to find out how you got started, and to read testimonials from other customers. Make your website user-friendly and easy to navigate in order to generate interest from your customers and to boost your credibility.
5. Free PR. Be on the lookout for partnerships and other opportunities where you can gather some free PR. You can easily collect news stories by showing your niche market that you focus on helping your market in some way through product donations for charity and other things.