How online marketing can help your small business
Online marketing has been described as the new frontier, for business promotion. More and more businesses of every size are finding that they can successfully market online. However, online marketing provides a special benefit, for smaller businesses. Since most forms of online marketing can be done quite affordably, this leaves smaller businesses able to compete on more equal footing with their larger competitors.
Online marketing provides numerous kinds of opportunities that can be used to reach potential customers. Small businesses are finding that effective online marketing allows them to reach their target market, and most importantly gain an understanding of what their needs and wants really are. Best of all online marketing is easy to use and can be placed almost effortlessly as part of an overall marketing plan. Here is what you need to know about how online marketing can help your small business-
- You can market to your existing customer base-It is important for small business owners to understand that up to 80% of sales, come from a business' existing customer base. However, many small businesses focus their marketing only on gaining more customers. You can use your online marketing to show your existing customer base, that you appreciate their support and you want them to continue to buy from you. You can send emails that detail new and exclusive promotion. You can use online marketing to thank you customers, for their recent purchases. You can also use your customers to help you market your small business, by offering them a referral deal.The possibilities are nearly endless as to who you can use online marketing to access your customers. The best part of this kind of marketing is that you are appealing to customers who already know your business, your products and the service they can get from you. Overall this is a much easier sale to make then trying to attract new customers, and convincing them to try your product or service. Just make sure that however, you choose to market to your customers online, that you provide them with information that is of value to them. If you are simply bombarding them with sales promotions, they will tire of it quickly and move on to someone else.
- Get involved in social media networking-Another great way to market your small business online is to establish a presence on a social media site. However, it is important that you choose a site, where your target customer is most likely to be. These social media sites can give you an invaluable chance to see what your customers are doing, what they like and what trends are most prevalent in your industry. You can also engage with your customers in two-way communication that can help establish a relationship with them.
- Set up a business blog-This is often an offshoot of social media networking. Blogs can be a great way to market your small business online. Best of all they are one of the most affordable ways to market online. There are several ways to post your blog (and tutorials that help you do it). Once your blog is up you need to make sure that you are following some guidelines. A few of these guidelines are:
- Make sure that your blog offers value and interest to your potential customers. If it doesn't your readers will soon lose interest and move on to something else.
- Make sure that your blog is updated or changed on a regular basis. No one wants to read the same commentary over and over again.
- Make sure that you are using your blog to establish a relationship with your customers. This can be done in a variety of ways.
- Make sure that your blog is linked to your social media pages, your website and other online presence that you already have.