All about Lean manufacturing
If you are the owner of a manufacturing business you are most likely looking for a way to increase your profits, and create a productive working environment. It has been shown that lean manufacturing is one of the best ways to meet customer satisfaction ratings, and to strengthen your business as a whole. When you focus on implementing lean manufacturing, you will easily find ways to reduce wastes, and produce higher quality products. Best of all it only takes a few simple steps to successful implement lean manufacturing into your production. Lean manufacturing benefits several different aspects of the manufacturing process. Here are just a few-
- The customers-Lean manufacturing ultimately benefits the customers. It is important to keep in mind that when it comes to the proper implementation of lean manufacturing, you are not only thinking about reducing waste for the business, you must also think in terms of your customers. Lean manufacturing provides the customer with a better product, for the same or reduced price. In addition the products that are provided are fresh, so there is no longer a need to keep a large inventory stock on hand. Lean manufacturing is designed to meet the demands of the customers, and giving them what they want, but making sure you are delivering quality to them.
- The employees-Lean manufacturing impacts the employees because when you implement lean manufacturing, into an organization, you are focused on developing stronger relationships with your employees. In addition, you are also focused on helping employees, to become more productive. If lean manufacturing is implemented effectively each employee will have a balanced workload, so you won't need to worry about employees that seem to have too much work, or the employees that seem like they are underutilized. Best of all when everyone is able to have a specific workload, their job satisfaction will increase, and your company will start to gain higher approval ratings from it's employees.
- The organization-Lean manufacturing benefits the entire company, because it can improve your production, and it will reduce your waste output by 40% or more. The entire program of lean manufacturing is designed to improve the effectiveness of the business. Your manufacturing lines will be changed into specific cells, so it will be much easier to identify wastes and problems, along the lines of your manufacturing process.
- The Production process-Lean manufacturing impacts the entire production process in a variety of ways. These ways include:
- Inventory reduction-This is crucial since carrying too much inventory can cause you to tie up your cash reserves,and this can cause you to have problems purchasing other equipment,and raw goods in the future. Too much inventory also takes up floor space, and it can cause your facility to become cluttered, which can lead to workplace accidents. In addition, if you have to much inventory then you will be left with trying to figure out where to warehouse it.
- Overproduction-This is a huge drain on a business since you will be producing products that won't sell for months or years. You should keep in mind that lean manufacturing will help you to produce products that are only be a few weeks or a few days old, when they are sent out to the customers.
- Defects-Lean manufacturing helps to greatly reduce wastes as you will evaluate your machinery, and find a way to repair it, and to make the overall process run faster. In addition, each cell is in charge of a specific thing so you will be able to dramatically reduce your defect ratio.
- Waiting time-Using lean manufacturing no longer will you have employees that stand around waiting for a job.Your will be used the way they should, as well.