How to get anyone's address
The following are the methods you could use to get anyone's address:
- Search online: Sometimes if you Google someone, or use another search tool online you can find a person's address simply by typing their name into a search. Now the problem with this is that there may be more than one person with the same name. Also, this does not always guarantee results, however, it is a good place to start.
- Software Programs: Another option is purchasing one of those software programs that claims to allow you into databases all over the world to assist you in locating missing persons, finding lost relatives, or obtaining addresses and other contact information of the person of your choice. There are a lot of them out there, and some are legitimate and can truly help you find the information you need by skimming and linking you to thousands of public record databases. Read reviews, look for guarantees, and find one that is for real before spending your money.
- Ask your HR department: If the address of the person you are looking for is on file in your building because they have either applied, or previously worked, or even currently work there, you can ask the HR department. The HR department may or may not be able to disclose that information to you, it really depends on why you need it. However, if you know any other past employment, you can check there as well.
- The DMV: The department of motor vehicles has addresses on file for anyone with a driver's license or ID card. So, if the person you are looking for has a driver's license or ID you can contact the DMV, or search their records to get it.
- Access Public Records: Like the DMV, there are other public records that can help you find someone's address. You can go to the county and city buildings and gain access to a lot of public information including lists of registered voters with names and addresses etc. You just have to know where to look and ask.
Before deciding which route to use, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do I need this person's address?
a. If you need to send them a check, or a notice etc. then using your HR department, or public records, or another free route is your best option. You could also hire a collection agency and they have a lot of the necessary means of finding people
b. If you want it for personal use then legally the HR department can't give it to you, so you would have to look elsewhere.
- Am I willing to spend time and/or money to find it?
a. If you want free information you would not want to buy a software program or hire someone. However, if you do not have any time, then an internet search or simple inquiry with HR might be your only option.
There are other ways of finding someone's address, but these are the most simplistic and obvious. You can hire someone who specializes in this, check with the postal service to see what address they have, this is especially helpful for forwarding mail etc. or you could look for an acquaintance they may have the information you need.