How to make a direct mail marketing campaign a success
If you're one of the many companies out there who wants to use a direct mail marketing strategy to market your product, you're in luck.You're about to learn a few tips on how to make a direct mail marketing campaign a success.If you follow these suggestions, you will find that you have a much higher probability of getting good results from your direct mail marketing campaign.That is not to say that it will work for everyone- certain marketing strategies may be better for others.But keep reading and maybe you'll learn something useful.
Any direct mail campaign has two basic parts: an interesting message and an audience.You have to think about what you are trying to say and who you are saying it to.Think about your audience first.Who are you trying to reach?What common characteristics do they are?What kind of background do they have?Do some research and find out more about your target group.Next, the message.Your message should interesting and unique, but should also sufficiently explain the product you're trying to sell.In your message, you should keep the following things in mind: be direct and get to the point; target your message towards your particular audience; be respectful in your tone; have interesting information to share; and be creative with your portrayal of your product.
Now, here is a brief list of tips you should follow when trying a direct mail marketing campaign.
- Get the right list.One of the biggest mistakes that large companies make when doing a direct marketing campaign is sending a mailing to a group of people that is not your target group.Then it's no surprise that no one replies- do you really think an 80 year old grandma is going to care about monster trucks?Probably not.Make sure that your list is current and has the correct target group on it.
- Do a test run.If you want to find out if your mailer will really work or not, do a small test run.Try it out on a small number of local people to see if they'll respond or not.You won't know if your marketing strategy will make an impact until you try it out.
- Write a call to action.You can't just send your target group a mailer and then expect them to figure out what to do with it.You have to tell the reader what you want them to do.Make it simple for them.If you want them to send back a postcard, make sure that the postcard is included in the mailing and has pre-paid postage.Make it clear what they need to do or else you'll find that they won't respond to your mailer.
- Make a good copy.When you're creating your mailer, be sure that it's clear, concise and to the point.It should also be interesting to look at.Take the time to redo your mailer several times until you feel like it will really get their attention.
- Be sure you proofread.Your good copy of your mailer should also be spelled correctly, contain correct grammar, phone numbers, addresses, websites or any other important information.Errors in the mailer make your company look bad and may turn a customer off towards your product.
- Explain what your product does.It's far too common in mailers for the company to simply state how great their product is.and never explain what it actually does.You need to convince your potential customers that your product is worth buying for a reason other than it's "the Best, the Biggest, or the Coolest!"