What kind of computer and camcorder you should have for digital video
What kind of computer and camcorder you should have for digital video. There are some different brands of computers that are recommended for digital video. However, as long as your computer has the requirements for the digital video it will work just fine.
The suggestion is to purchase a workstation class machine. Dell, HP and other manufacturers sell these types of computers. The main thing is speed. The more speed you have, the better it will be.
The faster the machine is, the less of a chance for dropped frames. There are also shorter playback times, in addition to shorter rendering times. As with any purchase you pay for what you get. For editing video, RAM is a major benefit.
- As far as the RAM is concerned, it is necessary to have at least 1G. 2-4G is better.
- The best operating system that works with all the different options for editing software is Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- A DVD burner is also important in order to store your videos.
- When you are deciding what computer you want, or if you are just upgrading your current system, then you want to make sure that there is a minimum of 9+ megs per second that is sustained throughput for real time systems.
- The biggest hard drive possible is going to be your best bet. The reason is that the more room you have to save videos to, the better.
- When you are looking into the possessors, it is recommended to use an Intel's P4 Dual-core or AMD Dual-core processor. The AMD 64X2 4000+ or Pentium D 820 are some other options that will work great.
- The chipset you use is as important as the CPU. It is equally important to make sure that the motherboard and CPU are able to handle the increased speed.
- It is also a good idea to have a good Monitor. A 17-inch monitor for the minimum, however, the more visual space, the better for editing purposes.
- When you consider your graphics card, you will want in the minimum a dual head 64+. On the upper end, one great card is the ATI 1950 or anything comparable.
- We will be bouncing around a little to make sure that the computer works with the camcorder you get. Lets take a look at some digital camcorders.
Before you spend a good amount of money for a digital camcorder that will not do what you want, it is a good idea to do a little research on different digital camcorder options. There re a few things that you can look at just for the basics. Then when you have done some research it will be easier to choose the right camcorder for you.
- Sound is a must for a digital video. It is important to have a good onboard microphone, or you will want to purchase a decent microphone to go with your digital camcorder.
- It is a good idea to get at least a 10X zoom. However for snap shot and just fun pictures you can go down to a 6X or minimum 4X zoom.
- For your sensor rating, it is good to have 1/6 inch or larger CCD. The minimum of pixels you should have is 680,00 effective.
- The minimum illumination rating should be 7 lux or lower.
- There are many different recording formats available.
- Focus control and other settings can be manual, however, the more you can get manually the better. This is because you can learn to make your videos as personal and creative as you are.
Keep these specs in mind when you are getting together the right computer and camcorder ready to create your own awesome digital video projects.