How to use email to build your small business
Email is one of the most effective tools, when it comes to staying in touch with your customers. You can use email in a variety of ways, to let your customers know what you are working on, new offers and even to thank them. Since the foundation of building a customer base is by establishing a relationship with them, using email can help you do just that. The bottom line is that if you aren't emailing your customers anymore, you are missing out on some great opportunities. Best of all email is free, easy to do and you can have a staff member fill in, for you at anytime.Here is what you need to know about how to use email to build your small business-
- Order confirmations-You can use emails for order confirmations. Every customer likes to know that their order was placed correctly. An email can let them know that their request has been submitted. It's also nice to let them know when their order will arrive and how they can track its progression. You can also include a small bit of promotional material at the end of the email,so your customers remember why they ordered from you in the first place.
- Thank-you emails-You can also use emails to show your customers, how much you appreciate their support. A thank you email can go a long way toward winning customer loyalty. You can also use this type of email to send out a promotional code that they can use to get a discount on their next order. A thank-you email is a great way to strengthen your relationships with your existing customers. Studies show that eight out of ten orders,will come from your existing customers,so it is important for you to spend time strengthening your relationships with them, byshowing them that you really do care about their support.
- Newsletters-Another great way to strengthen your relationship with your customers, is to send out a regular newsletter. This is also a great way to keep your customers in the know, about what your business is doing. You can include: information about new products, research programs, and new hires within the company. Email newsletters can also be a great way to drive in more traffic to your web site. However, it is important to always make sure you are sending emails, only to the people that want them. Sometimes they can become annoying so you may want to include an opt-out section at the end of your email. Newsletters are a great way to brand your company to new and existing customers.
- Sales and Discounts-This is a highly effective way to let a large number of people know about the sales and discounts, your company can offer. This can be a great way to help boost your numbers quickly to meet your sales goals for the month. Sales and discounts are an easy way to show your customers that you respect their support, and you would like to offer them as a thank-you.
- Renewal notices-If you are offering support services, sending out renewal notices will allow you to keep contracts with your customers. Email is the easiest way to do that and you should send out the email 30 days before their support contract will expire. Be sure to include the link they need to follow in order to renew their contract. You can also set up emails to automatically generate from your support software so you don't need to worry about them.This way your customers will know that you care about their needs, with only a minimum of effort on your part.