Why you should use Twitter to promote your business
Twitter has become one of the hottest sites to promote your business on. It is interesting to note that when this social media site was established few people thought that it would have the staying power and the multitude of uses that it does today. User of Twitter go on the site to learn about items that interest them, form connections with others and generally to socialize online. What makes this so perfect, for business promotion is that it mimics offline networking. This is one of the major reasons that you should use Twitter to promote your business. Here are some of the other reasons-
- Twitter reached an unprecedented popularity right from its launch. Twitter is a unique marketing tool since you can send a message out directly to the people who are "following" you.
- Twitter is short and sweet-Tweets (the messages sent out on Twitter), can only be up to 140 characters, but this means that your message must be clear and concise. Marketing is all about developing a relationship with your customers, so telling them exactly what you can do for them, in an instant, is a great way to build a bond. Twitter allows you to use a unique method in order to foster a relationship with your customers; rather then just marketing whatever it is that your company offers.
- Twitter is highly efficient-Today's tech savvy users expect that whatever social media network they choose to use, will be highly efficient. In this aspect Twitter does not disappoint. One of the major benefits is that Twitter can be taken on the go, and many users even send mobile updates to the site. This helps them keep in touch with their potential customers no matter where they might be. Not only is Twitter being used to find and market to potential customers, businesses are also using Twitter to find experts and key contacts in their field.
- Twitter allows you to effectively market to those people are interested in what you can provide-You can only send Tweets to those consumers who want to follow what your company is doing. This only happens when you are offering value to your followers. This helps to establish you as the expert in your field and helps you to build credibility. Once you have done this your followers will take you seriously and seek you out as the solution to their problem or need. The purpose of Twitter is being able to extend your marketing reach to as many people as you possibly can.
- Twitter is cost effective-It costs nothing to join and only requires the time or effort you need to put in to maintain it. Best of all you easily set up an account and begin establishing your business presence on Twitter within a relatively short period of time.
Now that you know the major benefits of Twitter here are some things that will facilitate you using Twitter, for the ultimate business promotion.
- Make sure that your account is easy to find and access-You only have a few seconds to gain the attention of your potential target market (and keep it). This means that your Twitter account needs to be easy to find, because if it is not your followers will quickly move on. It is important to remember that whatever information you choose to use, should be consistent and easy to remember.
- Make sure that you are using your Twitter account in innovative ways-You will need to give your followers a reason to find you. Whether you offer a coupon, free products or even a sneak peek as to what you will be offering, having a Twitter account to market your business, will only work if you give them a reason to come back.