Characteristics of effective social media campaigns
Social media sites provide you with a number of great opportunities to interact with your customers and to build better relationships with them. How can you tell if the social media campaign you have developed is working? If you have been on social media sites for a few months now and you are not getting a response, it's obviously not working. Here are some characteristics of effective social media campaigns:
1. Spreading rapidly. When a social media campaign is working right you won't need to really do anything as your customers will pass along the information along to others. The word spreads like wildfire and a simple message is sent out within an instant to millions of people. If the message isn't spreading around to others, you need to take a look at what the message is saying and why people aren't interested in it and why they aren't passing it around to others.
2. Share insight. A social media campaign will be effective if you are sharing insightful messages. You do not want the messages to be filled with just a link because this will make them seem like spam. The messages that are sent out need to have valuable information to your customers in order to have them passed along to others. Spammy messages will get rejected and it will alienate you from the social media realm.
3. Proper branding. In order to send out effective messages for your customers the messages you send need to have a branding message. The campaign needs to have an identity if it is going to make a difference to your customers. Be sure to use certain aspects of your company like your logo or slogan with the messages you post as it will help your customers to easily identify your company messages.
4. Measure the campaign. How can you measure the campaign? Google Analytics can help you to track the campaign and measure its success. If you are using Facebook,you can track the campaign based on the fan page activity and post rank. Twitter has the retweet tool and you can track the campaign in this matter.
5. Positive impression. To get your customers to retweet your messages or pass them along to others, you have to send out messages that leave a positive impression upon them. What information are you posting and how does it impact the customers? If it leaves them with a negative impression and they don't have the desire to keep following you, you need to look into the posts that your customers are actually paying attention to. This can help you to build better marketing campaigns and post the messages that your customers desire to read and to repost.
6. Don't focus on selling. Sometimes companies become too obsessed with selling and the posts they are putting out there are only focused on pushing customers into buying the products. You need to focus on generating leads instead as this will help you to have more people to talk to and then you can educate them and sell to them later on.
7. Building relationships. The best social media campaigns are focused on building relationships with their customers instead of just working on acquiring leads to sell products. Building relationships will strengthen loyalty to your company as your customers have a desire to buy your products and recommend them to others.
8. Building trust. This goes along with building loyalty as you need to earn the trust and respect of your customers. When people trust you, the messages you send out to them are likely to be passed onto their friends and others as they are excited to share the news and spread it to others.